3 June 2013

Book Review: Fated (Fated, #0.5) by Sarah Alderson

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Simon & Schuster UK
Published: 5th January 2012
Pages: 320
Genre: Paranormal Romance, YA
Main Characters: Evie, Lucas 
Date Read: 6th - 25th May 2013
Rating Given:
 photo threefive.jpg
 
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it?

When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.

But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends.

If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?



I have had this book sitting on my shelf for quite a while now so I thought I better get reading it.

This cover is a little creep but I like it as I feel like it is in keeping with the actual story. I feel like I see something new every time I look at it, as before now I didn't notice the shadow in the girls eye.

When I first started this book I wasn't too sure I was going to like it but the more I read the more I started enjoying it. There was times when I was confused but I guess I was feeling the same way as the characters. I didn't really believe the romance side of the story as one minute they seemed to dislike one another but then all of a sudden they where in love it just feel real to me. I am hoping that the romance side of the story will pick up during the upcoming books. I liked the way that we had paranormal creatures that we all know and love with some others that I have never heard of before they made for an interesting read. I did like the way we got to read from both point of views of Evie and Lucas as then I got to know what was behind there reasoning. I was a little disappointed in this book as I was expecting a lot more after read Alderson's Hunting Lila which I loved but with this book I didn't love it but I did like it and I will continue with the series and see if it picks up.

I really did like the characters there was times when they annoyed me but I understood where they was coming from. Evie seemed like a strong independent girl but there was times when she seemed like a weak girl but there was a lot of things that happened to her that it was understandable. Lucas I thought I was going to hate but I found he was a likable guy but that's all I'm going to say on him as I don't want to give anything away. There was other characters that wasn't in it much but when they where I wasn't sure if they where good or bad.

Overall it was a good book it just wasn't a great book but I'm sure the series will get better.