26 November 2013

Book Review: Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17233800-crash-into-you
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: e-arc
Publishers: Harlequin Teen
Published: 26th November 2013
Pages: 474
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Rachel, Isaiah
Date Read: 29th October - 24th November 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 

Blurb:

 
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


I have had this book for awhile now from Netgalley but I have only just gotten around to reading it which I have no idea why as I love this series and this book is no different.

I really like this cover as it kind of goes with the rest but at the same time different. I love that it looks like they are in the backseat of a car as it is definitely in keeping with the story which is always a love of mine. I also like the main colour being red as it's a very striking colour and it just works well with the rest. I love this cover over the UK one which is nowhere near as good as this one!

Yes I did take a long time reading it and no the reason wasn't because it was bad as it quite the opposite, I just never seemed to have the time to sit down and read. This book is just as good as the others (I really can't choose a favourite as it changes all the time) with the same underlay as the others with the girl being good and the guy being the 'bad boy' but the rest is different although just as heart-breaking as the others maybe this one being even more heart-breaking. I love that McGarry has dealt with the Cancer subject which I think she handled beautifully. This book had some predictability but also there was things that happened that I just wasn't expecting which I think for me is a good blend as I always love to know what is going to happen but then I also love to be surprised. We had more of a thrilling storyline this time with all the fast cars and blackmail but also a cute romance to add to the mix.


I loved that this time it was Isaiah's turn to take the lead as I have always loved his character and wanted to know more about him. There is definitely more than meets the eye to Isaiah and I love him even more as we saw not only the 'bad boy' side to him but also a softer, romantic side which was great to see. Rachel was the new character added to this series but it just felt like she has been in the series from the beginning as I felt like we knew her inside and out. She is a really strong character but she doesn't even realise it which makes her more endearing. Like the other books we also get to see old favourites which I always love to see how they are developing even more. We also got to see a lot more new guys in the shape of Rachel's brothers which I love even if there was times when I thought they was so selfish and didn't care how Rachel was feeling.

Overall another great book in the Pushing the Limits series, if you haven't started this series you definitely should start it!