27 August 2015

Book Tag: Disney Book Tag

I saw this Book Tag post over on K-Books and loved it so I thought I would also give it a go.

The Reading Pile has taken inspiration from the vloging Book Tag community over to the blogging world. Like her I'm not actually going to tag anyone but you're more than welcome to give it a try like I have just head over to her page and leave a link in her comments or in mine as I'm nosey and love to know what everyone else has done.

Over at The Reading Pile she has done the posts every Thursday and has already done a few so I thought I would go through the ones she has already done and do the ones I like the look of.

My Book Tag post this week is Disney:


1. The Little Mermaid - A character who is out of their element (A "fish out of water")
Evelyn from Lick by Kylie Scott - Evelyn was your average 21 year old after a night spent celebrating her 21st birthday wakes up the next day married to a rock star. I would definitely say Evelyn was a fish out of water in the world of celebrity.

2. Cinderella - A character who goes through a major transformation.
Sydney Sage - Bloodlines by Richelle Mead: Sydney is like a completely new character from how she was in Vampire Academy to the last in the Bloodlines series.

3. Snow White - A book with an eclectic cast of characters.
Intertwined by Gena Showalter - This character has so many different paranormal creatures thrown into this book that I can't think of mythological being that isn't in it.

4. Sleeping Beauty - A book that put you to sleep.
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck - I really wanted to love this book as that cover was stunning and the concept sounded intriguing but when I was reading it I was so bored that I found myself nodding off a couple of times.

5. The Lion King - A character that had something traumatic happen to them in childhood.
Kellan Kyle - Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens: Kellan's childhood was definitely traumatic and by the hands of his own parents which for me makes it all the more traumatic.


6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - I'm not a fan of big books as a 400 page book is huge. So when I was first reading the Harry Potter series they seemed to get bigger and bigger and at 870 pages long for this one I was very nervous to read it but I needn't have been as it was a stunning book just like the whole series was.

7. Aladdin - A character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse.
Miranda from The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees - Miranda want to be Juliet in her school play and to get her wish she does a spell to get her way, but not everything goes to plan...

8. Mulan - A character who pretends to be someone or something they are not.
Scarlet from Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen - I don't think I'm giving anything when I say this (as it's in the blurb) but Scarlet is known as Will Scarlet for most of the book when really he is a she.

9. Toy Story - A book with characters you wish would come to life.
The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices - This one was so hard because every book that I adore I wan the characters to be real. In the end I went for both of these series as technically they are from the same world and I would love for them to all be real especially Jace and Will.

10. Disney Descendants - Your favourite villain or a morally ambiguous character.
Owen from The Accidental Assassin - Owen is an assassin who kills for a living even if he only kills evil people I still can't hate him.