21 March 2016

Book Review: Fate (My Blood Approves, #2) by Amanda Hocking

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Buy: Amazon UK | Amazon US 

Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published: 25th April 2010
Pages: 334
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance, 
Main Characters: Alice, Jack, Milo
Date Read: 2nd March - 8th  March 2016

Rating Given:
 photo threefive.jpg

Synopsis:Fate - the second installment in the My Blood Approves series...
Alice Bonham thinks she's finally found a balance in her life between the supernatural and real life with her brother Milo. Jack - her sorta vampire boyfriend - keeps her at arm's length to keep her safe. As for his brother Peter... she's not sure where he's at, or what he wants with her. Worse still, she's not even sure what she wants with Peter. 
When tragedy happens, Alice finds herself struggling with a terrible choice. Her decision has consequences that reach farther than she'd ever imagined...

I was really looking forward to book 2 in the My Blood Approves series as I loved the first one but for me book 2 was a bit of a disappointment.

I'm in two minds about these covers as I think they could be stunning photographs but I think it's a bit misleading as it gives a creepy feeling to me but this book is by no means a creepy book.

It took a very long while to get into this book and actually it wasn't until the last few chapters when I really started to get into it. Even though there was a few things going on I found myself thinking that it wasn't written in a way to capture my interest. A lot of things that happened really annoyed me to the point I felt like throwing my kindle across the room. I felt that the romance side of the story was pretty much non-existent even though there was something going on between the two main characters I didn't feel any chemistry. There was a couple of things that happened that I wasn't expecting and some of those really shocked me which I liked. As I said the end of the book really got interesting to the point of me wanting and even excited for the next book.

Some of the characters was better in this book than they where in the first book and then the others that didn't grow annoyed me. For me Alice was a lot more likeable in this book than she ever was in the first book. I really felt for Alice at times with the way that everyone was treating her and even though at times she was a bit whiney I could understand where she was coming from. I wasn't a huge fan of Jack's in this book as he just kept shutting Alice out without any explanation but there was times when he was the Jack that I liked from the previous book. Milo was in this book loads more than the first book but unfortunately he changed (in more was than one) as he really annoyed me quite often. The rest of the characters from the first book wasn't really in it that much and apart from Peter the others kind of annoyed me.

Overall, I was expecting a lot more from this book but for me it showed signs of suffering from second book syndrome. I will continue this series if I can actually get books 4 onwards as it looks like its been discontinued from Amazon UK but I hope I'm wrong.