10 December 2011

Book Review: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)

Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis

Format: Paperback
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: 28th March 2011
Pages: 398
Main Characters: Elder and Amy
Date Started: 4th December 2011
Date Finished: 9th December 2011
Rating Given: *****

Goodreads:
AMY
has left the life she loves
for a world 300 years away.

Trapped in space and frozen in time, Amy is bound for a new planet. But fifty years before she's due to arrive, she is violently woken, the victim of an attempted murder. Now Amy's lost on board and nothing makes sense - she's never felt so alone.

Yet someone is waiting for her.
He wants to protect her -
and more if she'll let him

But who can she trust amidst the secrets and lies?
A killer is out there - and Amy has nowhere to hide...


From the very moment that I started this book I was hooked. Things was always happening even if you didn't actually know what was going on. I was also surprised in some places especially the end as I really didn't see that happening, which I love books that can keep you guessing.

I haven't read many books that are sci-fi but I really enjoyed it. I did get a bit confused with some of the language but you kind of get the idea of what they are saying when you read the whole sentence.

Amy's character I liked as she had to go through a lot of emotions and a lot of things happened to her that could have broken a character but it just made her all the more stronger. I felt that I really went through the same emotions she went through throughout the book at the same time as she went through them.

I also liked Elder's character although there was times I wanted to smack him upside the head and thinking why would he do something like that. When it was explained why he did it I felt sorry for him as it must be a lonely place for him to live.

The Elder and Amy's friendship was really sweet and I can't wait to see if anything develops between them at this point it just seems like they are bonding through the loneliness of living on the ship with know one that they can really talk to but each other.

Overall I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to see what is going to be thrown there way next one things for sure it looks set to be a bumpy ride!

1 comment:

  1. lov the owl, still waiting on my copy/int shipping is slow

    ReplyDelete