1 April 2013

Book Review: The Crimson Hunt (Eldaen Light Chronicles #1) by Victoria H. Smith

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published: 8th November 2012
Pages: 340
Genre: New Adult, Sci-Fi
Main Characters: Ariel, Luca
Date Read: 12th March - 30th March 2013
Rating Given:
 photo three.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

 
College junior Ariel Richmond is working on year three of Project Normalcy.

Her house reeks of keggers past and her bestie is just a slight bit vulgar. But the thing is—they both aid in making life refreshingly uneventful.

So much for hard-earned mediocrity when Luca Grinaldi appears on the scene.

Luca’s sudden presence on campus is hard to ignore. Those bright eyes act like a beacon to unsuspecting females, and with features like his, he’s got to be moonlighting for GQ. Luca hopelessly captivates Ariel with his confidence and charisma, but the mysteries surrounding him make him nearly untouchable. And just when Ariel grows close enough to unlock his secrets, a tragic event sends her life in a downward spiral.

That steady life is no longer an option and allies quickly become scarce. The mysterious Luca seems to be the only one willing to help her—but with that trust comes the burden of his secrets. He has a dark mission of otherworldly proportions, and is willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes to see it completed.

Gone are the days of simply maintaining normalcy, and if Ariel isn’t cautious with her trust, so soon may be her future.


The Crimson Hunt is a New Adult Science Fiction Romance.



I was given this book to review by the author which I am very thankful for as it was a good book plus I'm on a New Adult kick.

 I actually don't like the top half of the cover but the bottom half I love as I love the star like look of it as it is fitting to the story.


It may have took me a lot longer than usual to read this book but that had nothing to do with liking or not liking the book it had more to do with life getting in the way.
This was a hard book to get into as I just wasn't really following the story and it wasn't until halfway through when things was starting to get explained when I actually got what was going on. Once I did get the story I was hooked and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. The romance side of the story I was expecting a lot more and it wasn't until over halfway though when it became more believable. The ending was okay I just felt it was a bit of an abrupt ending but it did leave me wanting more.

Ariel was an okay character to start with but the further I went into the book the more she improved. There was times that I wanted her to get a grip but apart from that I kind of liked her. Luca I didn't like to start with but I felt like the more he grew on Ariel the more he grew on me and then by the end I loved him. As for the other characters I never knew who to trust but some of them was great additions to the book especially Bailey I hope we get to see more from her in the next book.

Overall I thought it was a good story building book but it did take a while to get into but once I did I found myself really enjoying it.