10 April 2013

Book Review: The Next Forever (Pretty Amy #1.5) by Lisa Burstein

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Kindle (arc)
Publishers: Entangled Publishing (Ever After)
Published:11th April 2011
Pages: 96
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Amy, Joe
Date Read: 30th - 31st March 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:


One night in college can change everything…

Away at college, Amy just wants one night alone without her high school sweetheart, Joe. So when he invites her to go to the library, she heads off on her own instead. How she ended up at a house party with the mysterious bad-boy Trevor is another story…

Joe so isn’t going to the library. He needs space from Amy, too, so he’s decided to rush a fraternity, to get back the swagger he had in high school. But it doesn’t take long for the brothers to invite him to the real rush here the beer is flowing and one particular girl has set her eyes on Joe.

Over the course of one wild night, both Amy and Joe will have to decide if their futures belong with two new people, or whether the next forever will have their first loves in it.

I wanted this book because it was a New Adult book but what I didn't know was that this wasn't the first in the series. I wasn't going to read it I was going to get the first one which is a book that has been on my wishlist for ages (Pretty Amy) but I couldn't stop myself as it was a short book and am glad I did as I loved it.

I do like the cover but I think it is pretty much the same as other New Adult books. I do like the font of the title it really makes it stand out.

As soon as I started this book I fell in love with it and what I loved even more was that I didn't feel lost with what was happening. With it being a NA book it wasn't a cute, fluffy book but it felt more real with real issues which I wasn't sure I would like but I did. I loved that it was a quick read as I haven't been able to read much in the past couple of months but with it being short it was easy to get through, it also helped that it was an amazing book. After reading this book I know that I need to read the first book and maybe any other book that Lisa happens to write. The romance side of the book was a bit different to what I am used to reading about but I loved it all the same. It was very much a will they/won't they book that had me guessing all the way through.

I really like the characters as they felt more realistic than most other characters that I have read about which was a refreshing change. Amy definitely had some underlining issues that gave her an edge but you could tell she was all heart. Joe was sweet I didn't think I would like him but the more I read about him the more I loved him.

Overall a very entertaining book that will have you guessing all the way through...Will they cheat or won't they?