31 July 2013

Book Review: Hook's Pan (Kingdom #5) by Marie Hall

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: earc
Publishers: Indie
Published: 25th April 2013
Pages: 175
Genre: Adult, Paranormal Romance
Main Characters: James Hook, Trishelle
Date Read: 12th July - 20th Julye 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg

Blurb from Goodreads:


Trishelle Page has known pain in her life, but instead of it making her weak, she's stronger. Confident. That is until the day a fairy kidnaps her during her staring role in Peter Pan's play and tells her not only do fairy tales exist, but that she's the soulmate of the pirate they call Hook, making her question everything she ever thought she knew.

Captain James Hook is a man at the end of his rope. He's not the villainous bastard tales have made him out to be. So when the curvaceous blonde drops, literally, at his feet he aims to prove it to her. If only to get her into his bed.

What neither one knows is that fate and magic are conspiring and they can deny the attraction all they want but the end is already written, it's just a matter of getting there.


I had read the first one in the Kingdom series earlier this year which I enjoyed so when this book was on netgalley I jumped at the chance to review it and I am so glad I was accepted as it's one of my favourite books I have read this year!

I do love the guy on the cover he seems to be who I picture as Hook. I also love the colours as it makes it look dangerous which is very fitting for the book. I also love that it ties in with the rest of the series covers.

When I was thinking about starting this book I wasn't sure I was going to understand what was going on as I have only read the first book, but it doesn't matter as its more like a standalone. As soon as I started the book I fell in with it. Everything about this book had me enthralled and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. The romance side of the story was very believable which had me rooting for them. It was so sweet to watch. But it wasn't all lightness as you can imagine with Hook. There was Times that nearly had me in tears it was such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I thought this was the last book, which for a time it was but thankfully there is more books in this series which I for one can't wait to get my hands on but first I need to get books 2, 3 and 4! Even though Marie Hall has ruined Peter Pan for me I don't mind one bit and it just goes to show there's always two sides to a story.

The characters I adored especially Hook, who would have thought the bad guy in the Peter Pan films was so sweet. Even though he was sweet he did have a bit of a temper but I loved him for it. Trishelle had a lot to deal with at the beginning of the story and it was nice to how she dealt with her issues throughout the book. I loved the camaraderie between the two characters it was so funny. Peter Pan also made an appearance and after reading about him I will never see him in the same light. Also characters from the previous series also have a little appearance.

Overall this was such a brilliant book and I can't wait to read more from Marie Hall. I highly recommend this series to anyone who it thinking about starting the series.