24 July 2013

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Harper Collins
Published: 7th June 2012
Pages: 327
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian
Main Characters: America, Maxon
Date Read: 25th May - 30th June 2013
Rating Given:
 photo three.jpg
 
 

Blurb from Goodreads


In a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels the Selection is the chance of a lifetime: to compete for gorgeous Prince Maxon's hear. But for America Singer it means turning her back on her secret love, and leaving home for a prize she doesn't want.

Then America meets Maxon and all her plans start to crumble. Can he life she's always dreamed of compare to a future she never imagined?


I had this book for such a long time before deciding to reading it but for the most part I wish I had put it off even longer as for a long time I couldn't get into it.

I love the cover and it is one of my favourites I just wish the story was as good as the cover.

It took me quite some time to get through this book which surprised me as I thought I was going to really enjoy it as it had all the ingredient's to be an epic read. Although I didn't love as I thought I would there was times when it picked up and those moments I really enjoyed. The romance side of the story I kind of liked in parts as sometimes it was so sweet then other times I just didn't believe it. The ending did leave me wanting more so I will be reading the next book I just hope it's better than this book.

Like the story the characters I had a love hate relationship. America seemed ok to start with as she had her own ideas and didn't care what everybody else thought, but then she started to act like everyone else so she didn't stand out. Aspen again I liked to start with but then I went off him. Maxon was the only one I liked pretty much throughout the book although there was moments when he annoyed me but I guess I knew where he was coming from.

Overall there was times when it was an ok book but there was times when I really didn't want to continue with the book.