13 February 2015

Book Review: Forever Fae (Forever Fae, #1) by L.P. Dover

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle 
Publishers: Indie
Published: 7th September 2013
Pages: 316
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romance, 
Main Characters: Calista, Ryder,  
Date Read: 7th February - 11th February 2015
Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg

Synopsis:
He leans down, lips parted, and then our lips connect ... We didn’t know that this one kiss has FOREVER changed the Land of the Fae.
According to the Prophecy proclaimed many years ago, Princess Calista of the Summer Court is destined to change the Land of the Fae from the evil determined to destroy it. Her powers are phenomenal, and she secretly trains for battle with her handsome warrior friend, Merrick, who unbeknownst to her protects her heart as well, in hopes of keeping it for himself. At least, until the seductive Prince Ryder attends the Guardian Ceremony and instantly sends a fire burning through her veins and a connection so deep they both discover a love above anything imaginable.
No one knows how Calista is destined to change the kingdoms, but there is one that does. He not only craves Calista’s power, but her body as well, and his goal is to steal her power, make her his Dark Queen, and take over the Land of the Fae.Will the evil succeed in claiming Calista’s soul? Or will the two men that fight for her heart save her from despair, and help her fulfill her destiny to become what she was meant to be.
**Does contain some graphic language and sexual content. May not be suitable for young adults.** 

I bought this book awhile back as it was really cheap on Amazon although at the moment it is even cheaper as it's free!

I absolutely adore this cover and was completely the reason why I was so drawn to this book, I'm just glad the story was just as good. The colours used in this cover are the perfect choice for this story.

I haven't read many books with fae but one's that I have read I have enjoyed and this one is no different. I pretty much enjoyed every minute of reading this book but there was a few things that had me stopping me giving it the full five stars. The instant love between Calista and Ryder just didn't seem believable even though I understand why it happened I just couldn't wrap my head around it as they where in love with each other the moment they saw one another. The action towards the end felt a little rushed for my liking. What I really enjoyed was the humour I was laughing along with it but there was moments of seriousness which I also enjoyed it was the perfect balance of light and dark.  The ending was brilliant as there was a happy ending but also a bit of a cliff hanger at the same time which has me wanting to continue on with this series.

I found the characters in this book likable but some you just know your going to hate (but in a good way). Calista was a great female character who was just as strong as the male characters which was nice to see. She also seemed like she was a nice person. I loved Ryder he was such a sweetheart but I have to admit I think Merrick was my favourite especially after his selfless act at the end. I liked most of the other side characters especially Calista and Ryder's siblings which is a good thing as I think they will be having their own books.

Overall this was my first L.P. Dover book and I know it won't be my last!