25 February 2015

Book Review: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Paperback
Publishers: ATOM
Published: 8th January 2013
Pages: 341
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Romance, 
Main Characters: Perry, Aria   
Date Read: 14th February - 19th February 2015
Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg

Synopsis:
Aria has struggled to build a life for herself outside Reverie. It hasn't been easy adjusting to life in the wilderness but that struggle has been worth it with Perry by her side. 
But Perry has other challenges. His people are looking to him for answers. Answers about what happened to his nephew and what's happening to their world. And they don't trust the priviledged Aria, one of the enemy, in their midst. 
Soon he'll be forced to chose between the tribe that looks to him for leadership and the girl that looks to him for love.

 I received this a little while ago from ATOM publishers in exchange for a honest review.

This cover was just as beautiful as the first book and I may even like it more than the first one as the backdrop looks absolutely stunning. I am also a fan that each of the books in this series match but also have their own feel about them.

Through the Ever Night picked up from the very last moment that Under the Never Sky finished which I liked as it flowed better without any going back to the moments that where missed. I think I like this one just as much as the first one maybe even a smidgen better which I think had a lot to do with Roar being in it a lot more than the previous book. This was an action packed novel which some of the things that had happened I hadn't expected. Even though there is a lot of sadness in this book (more than even the first one) there is still some moments that had me chuckling along or awwing away at some of the things that had happened. I loved the relationship between Aria and Roar as it was nice to see a guy and girl being just friends and thats what they where the best of friends as this doesn't happen often in the books that I read. I also love the growing feelings between Aria and Perry but with things happening I don't think we got to see enough of them together. I liked the ending as it did leave me wanting more but there wasn't a huge cliff hanger, however I still have gone on to read the last book straight away.

I never feel like there is much to say about the characters in a sequel that hasn't already been said in a previous review but I felt like in this book most of the characters changed and in a good way. Aria has really become this strong person mentally and physically, yeah she was strong in the first book but in this book she had really come into her own. Perry is even more likable in this book than he was in the first book as we got to see a more softer side to him especially when in the presence of Aria. With Roar being in this book more than the first one we got to know a lot more about him and the more I found out about him the more I loved him. There was a change in him at the end of the book that broke my heart I'm just hoping that in the next book he starts to become the Roar he was at the beginning but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Overall another great book in the Under the Never Sky series and I am very eager to see how it will all come to an end.