26 March 2015

Book Review: Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott


(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle 
Publishers: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: 25th March 2014
Pages: 288
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, 
Main Characters: Anne, Mal 
Date Read: 19th March - 22nd March 2015
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg

Synopsis:
Readers the world over fell in love with sexy drummer Mal in Kylie Scott’s first Stage Dive novel. Now, Kylie Scott is back, and this time it’s bad-boy Mal’s turn to fall in love. 
The drummer in a wildly successful rock band, Mal’s never had trouble with the ladies. It doesn’t hurt that he’s sexy as hell with a wicked sense of humour. But as much as Mal loves his ladies, romance and happily-ever-after just isn’t in his set of cards. Until one night, Mal meets the woman of his dreams. But can this cynical rocker ever trust in love? 

After reading the first book in this series (Lick) I had to buy the next book which is what I did and after reading it I just knew I should have started this series sooner...

I do love the covers for this series especially with them being similar so they match. I would have loved to see more of the model only to check that he is Mal, the body seems to be fitting to Mal even the tattoo's.

I was a bit wary about reading this one as I saw a lot of reviews saying that this book was a disappointment but I sure didn't feel that way even from the very first page I loved this book. I absolutely adored every minute of this book there was no moments when I lot interest as it kept me captivated. When I wasn't reading the book I would be thinking about when I could start reading it again. I loved the build up of feelings I felt like I could feel the chemistry leaping out of the pages they where great together even when they where pretending to be in love. I have not laughed as much at a book as I had done with this book but there was sad moments as well but I didn't mind. The ending was just as good as the rest of the book with a couple of months into the future which I always love, although I don't mind in this series as I know I will be seeing more of them in the next books. It also ended with a bit of a set up for the next book which never happened in the first book so that has got me even more excited for book 3.

I adored pretty much all of the characters even Jimmy who wasn't as annoying as he was in the first book plus we got to see a bit more of Ben making me even more excited to read his book not long now. It was great to see more of David and Ev to see how they are getting on. I never thought any of the band was going to be better than David but how wrong was I, Mal by far outshone him he is my new favourite band member. Mal was so funny and I think it was down to his character that I loved this book as much as I did because not only was he funny but he also had dark moments as well as being vulnerable. Anne was another great female main character because even though there was times when she was a bit of a push over she still had her fiery moments plus I think that both Mal and Anne together brought out the best in each other.

Overall book 2 was just as good as the first one maybe even (slightly) better. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.