14 April 2015

Book Review: The Impostor (The Alaskan Heart, #1) by Tiffany Carmouche


(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle 
Publishers: C & C Legacy
Published: 1st October 2012
Pages: 354
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, 
Main Characters: Erin, Tim
Date Read: 2nd April - 5th April 2015
Rating Given:
 photo threefive.jpg

Synopsis:
“Alaska? Who goes to Alaska?” Escaping an abusive ex boyfriend, Nicole, a struggling young single-mother, convinces her best friend to travel to a place she knows little about, in search of better life.
Nicole is scared of getting hurt again, but Dylan’s chiseled body and chocolate brown eyes captivate her. And soon she finds herself in the arms of the sexy lead singer.
In Alaska, she discovers the power of friendship and true love and begins to let down her guard. But is her security a facade? Soon Nicole’s innocent beauty taunts a sinister man, and she is caught in a web of deception and danger. She realizes someone she trusts has been stalking her. Petrified, she wonders, how can she escape? Miles of wilderness surround her. She hears something. Someone is there. Should she cry for help or stay silent?
Will she be saved or will she be hunted?

I was originally asked to review this book by the author but couldn't find my copy so when it was 77p on Amazon I thought I would try again as it sounded interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of this cover as it reminds me of those cheesy romance novels and this book wasn't cheesy. I do like the colour but that's about all I like about this cover.

When I first started The Impostor I was a little distracted by things going on in the real world which tells me it wasn't interesting enough to keep me interested. It did start to get better as I continued reading it as more and more things kept happening to keep me intrigued. There was times when I felt like the things where happening was too much making it a little too unrealistic. I wasn't too sure about the romance side of the story as that also felt rushed but I feel like they where cute together and I have a feeling that things are going to be shaken up in the next books. The last few chapters things really took off to the point I kept having to continuing reading just to see what was going to happen next. The ending was left on a bit of a cliff hanger which has made me desperate to continue on with this series.

There was a few characters that I liked but a few of them felt too fake. I wasn't sure about Nicole as at times she seemed far to trusting especially with strangers. There was times when she came across better especially when her daughter was involved. Again I wasn't sure about Dylan as in the beginning he seemed like your typical bad-boy who likes to sleep around but then all of a sudden his character changed to someone completely different. Brad was definitely my favourite character in this book but I just wish he was in it more as there was a chunk in the middle when he wasn't even mentioned. As for the other characters I kind of liked some of them but others I wasn't quite sure about.

Overall a descent beginning to this series that I am looking forward to continuing to see where things go from here.