7 January 2016

The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #1) by Stacey O'Neale

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle
Publishers: Phoenix Reign Publishing
Published: 25th March 2014
Pages: 111
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance,
Main Characters: Rowan, Marcus
Date Read: 28th December - 31st December 2015

Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg

Synopsis:This prequel novella is FREE and available on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble!
Every sacrifice has consequences.
Sixteen-year-old Rowan has spent most of his life living among the mortals—learning to control the element of fire, impatiently awaiting the day his vengeful mother, Queen Prisma, will abdicate her throne. When he finally returns to Avalon for his coronation, his mother insists he must first prove his loyalty to the court by completing a secret mission: 
Kill Kalin, the half-human, half-elemental daughter of the air court king. 
Willing to do anything to remove his mother from power, he agrees to sacrifice the halfling. He returns to the mortal world with his best friend, Marcus, determined to kill the princess. But as he devises a plan, he starts to question whether or not he's capable of completing such a heinous task. And what price he will pay if he refuses?

I got this free for my kindle from Amazon which I believe is still free if you wanted to give it a try which I would highly recommend you do so as it was a really good read.

I love the cover and I feel it's a great depiction of Rowan. I love the use of colour as I think it makes the book stand out all the more.

With this only being a novella I wasn't sure whether I was going to get into it as sometimes short books are hard to warm to, but in this case it was easy to get into. As soon as I started it I was hooked which I think was down to having so much going on in a short space of time. Even though I loved everything that went down in this novella I still feel as though it could have been a longer book just to see more from this but I guess that is to come in the next full length novel. The only thing they didn't really have in this book was romance but I feel as though that is to come in the next books as there was a one sided attraction that was coming across. The ending was really good and it left me wanting more.

There wasn't many characters that we really got to know but the ones we did were either good or evil. I loved Rowan and I felt so sorry for him as all he wanted was to be loved by his mum but that's not what he got from her. Rowan came across a great guy and I can't wait to find out more about him.

Overall, for a prequel this was an amazing start and I for one can't wait to read more from this series.