8 March 2012

Film Review: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
(May contain spoilers)


Director: David Slade
Writers: Melissa Rosenberg (screenplay), Stephenie Meyer (Novel)
Stars/Characters: Robert Pattinson/Edward, Kristen Stewart/Bella, Taylor Lautner/Jacob
Cinema Release Date: 9th July 2010
Recently Watched (DVD): 8th March 2012
Rating Given: ****

I have watched this DVD a couple of times now yet when watching it this time I found that I loved it more than what I remembered in fact last time I thought I didn't like it but I guess I was wrong.

I really enjoyed watching this and I just found myself smiling and laughing at everything in a good way even if it was a bit cheesy in places I guess I like a bit of cheese in my films.

There was bits that I didn't like though which a good thing about watching it on a DVD I could skip those parts and would still understand what was happening. Other parts that I didn't like was the part where Jacob gets Bella to kiss him as it just winds me up the wrong way he acts like a total jerk in this film and in the book too so it's nothing wrong with the film in this particular case.

The wigs was bad again although some of them was an improvement from New Moon. I have to mention the wigs as you would think the amount of money that was made by these films you would think they could have better props. Don't even get me started on the wolves cgi as that was rubbish they reminded me of my dog rather than a huge wolf which they was supposed to have been.

I didn't like the way they cut down the history of Rosalie and Jasper and even the wolves history as I think it would have better explained things if the whole of the history was used this I was very disappointed in.

Overall not too different from the book which I was happy about but some parts that was missing should have and would have been helpful to tell the whole story.