11 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday #38

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! To find out more about the books click on the picture which will take you to Goodreads.




My teasers:


Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


"So that kind of stuff... that's normal for your Hell, what do you call yourselves?"
He leaned his head back as the seconds skipped by, and my heart doubled its beats in wait for his answer. He seemed to be wrestling with how much to tell me, and I was pretty sure whatever it might be, I wasn't going to like it... - Page 157

His deft fingers moved against the base of my skull. My lips parted, and I waited.
He dropped his hand and reached out again as I stood there, eager-maybe to eager-to discover if he felt the same as I was.
Instead, Daemon plucked up a bottled water off the counter. - Pages 209-210

I thought I would treat you guys with this books as there was a lot of teasers I could have picked but settled on these. I am really enjoying this book I never know what is going to happen next.






    The Stone Girl by Alyssa B. Sheinmel









She stays under the covers. She waits to use the bathroom. She steadies the chatter of her teeth. Soon, she'll be sober, and the air will feel warm again. - Page 11 (ARC copy so may be different to final copy)

I have only read the first chapter and it seems very different to what I usually like. I'm not entirely sure that I am going to like it but, that could change once I read more of the book.