25 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday #40

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! To find out more about the books click on the picture which will take you to Goodreads.




My teasers:

The Diviners by Libba Bray


Deep in the cellar of the dilapidated house, a furnace comes to life with a death rattle like the last bitter cough of a dying man laughing contemptuously at his fate. A faint glow emanates from the dark, foul-smelling earthen tomb. Yes, something moves again in the shadows. A harbinger of much greater evil to come. Naughty John has come home. And he has work to do. - Page 9
 




I have not read much of this book as I only started it today. What I have read is more setting up the world but with something like this teaser happening I think it will be getting interesting very soon.



Yesterday by C.K. Kelly Martin



We trudge out of the lobby together and towards my grandfather's car nestled at the curbside, my thoughts back on Walmer Road with the boy who's a complete stranger to me yet feels so much more familiar than my flesh-and-blood grandfather. - Page 63 (arc copy so quote may differ to final copy.)









Again I haven't read much of this book but this time I can't seem to get into it but I'm hoping that the further I get into it the more I will start to like it.