3 May 2013

Book Review: A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published: 10th March 2013
Pages:
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Romance
Main Characters: Ava, Julian
Date Read: 21st - 22nd April 2013
Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:


A killer is stalking the streets of Crossroads, Mississippi, and it’s up to Sheriff Ava Dushaine to stop him. But when suspicion falls on werewolf alpha Julian Kasey—Ava’s ex-lover and the man who still haunts her dreams—Ava knows that she’ll either have to prove his innocence…or watch the whole town go up in flames.

Originally part of an Entangled anthology.



I had seen this on Amazon for free so I jumped at the chance of getting it but I wasn't sure I was going to like it as much as I did.

The background colour really stands out and makes me want to take notice of it. I do think that the rest is a bit too obvious and they should have maybe taken a more different road when designing the cover.

I really enjoyed this book but I did find it a little bit too short, if it was that little bit longer then this could have been amazing. As well as being short it also a stand alone which is a shame as I would love to have more of Ava and Julian. It was very addicting and had me wanting to find out what was going to happen next. This book had me guessing all the way through which I found very thrilling. The paranormal side of things was the same old werewolves and vampires but with a twist. The romance was very hot and would have loved to have seen the past when they first got together as it sounded like it was fun.

Ava is a great female character who has loads of attitude and someone who can take care of herself which I find a refreshing change. Julian is also a great character who would do anything for Ava. As for them together I find the banter between them hilarious and steamy.

Overall I really enjoyed this book I just wish it was longer or a part of a series. I do know that this won't be the last Cynthia Eden book I read.