15 May 2013

Book Review: Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom #1) by Marie Hall

.
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published: 7th July 2012
Pages: 129
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Romance, Fairytale, Retelling
Main Characters: Alice, Hatter
Date Read: 4th - 9th May 2013
Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

Alice is all grown up. Running the Mad Hatter's Cupcakery and Tea Shoppe is a delicious job, until fate--and a fairy godmother with a weakness for bad boys--throws her a curveball. Now, Alice is the newest resident of Wonderland, where the Mad Hatter fuels her fantasies and thrills her body with his dark touch.

The Mad Hatter may have a voice and a body made for sex, but he takes no lovers. Ever. But a determined fairy godmother has forced Alice into Wonderland--and his arms. Now, as desire and madness converge, the Hatter must decide if he will fight the fairy godmother's mating--or fight for Alice.
 
 
 
As soon as I saw this book free on Amazon and that it was a fairytale retelling I just had to get it and I'm really glad that I did as I enjoyed it a lot more than what I thought I was going to.
 
To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the cover, I do love the colours but the guy that's portraying Hatter doesn't look right. Hatter for me is a bit less clean cut than this guy on the cover.
 
When I first started this book I knew I was going to like it and the more I read the more I enjoyed it. There was parts of the story that did annoy me and confused me but when I went further into the story I understood things a bit better. I would have liked to have seen more of the original characters as I don't think they where in it enough but the characters that was in I loved. The romance side of the book I really enjoyed as even though it was a small book the romance was a slow build up which I enjoyed I just wished it was a longer book so I could see more from them together. What I never expected from this book was my tears as towards the end it had me crying it was so heartbreaking but I would have liked to seen how the other person felt at that particular time.
 
I loved the characters but I have always loved these characters which is why I love to read retellings of Alice in Wonderland. My favourite character has always been Hatter so I loved that we got to see a whole new side to him. I also really liked Alice but she seemed a bit different to the Alice we all know and love but I didn't mind. I also loved some of the new characters that was introduced as they where a great addition.
 
Overall a very enjoyable retelling I just wished it was longer so I could have more time with the characters especially Hatter!