13 May 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Walker
Published: 19th March 2013
Pages: 568
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Historical Romance, YA
Main Characters: Tessa, Will, Jem
Date Read: 1st April - 6th May 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.



I love this series and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the last book in this series and even though it took me a while to read it I did love it.

The covers for this series are one of my favourite. I love the way that each of the books has one of the main characters and this time was Tessa's turn. I love her dress and I love the way that the book shines as it really does stand out.

Once I started this book I knew that it was going to be just as good as her other books in this series. There was so much going on that there was never a dull moment. There was action, heartbreak and love ad I loved it. Throughout this book I just never knew what was going to happen next and I never knew who she was going to end up with. I really liked the ending as it was in the future which I always love in the last in the series books but it wasn't what I expected and I'm not too sure I love it or hate the ending as I change my mind every time I think about it at the time of writing this review I love it but when it's posted it might have changed. I know it took me a long time but that wasn't because I didn't like it, it was because it was a big book with even longer chapters.

I love the characters just as much as I did when I first started the series I might even love them more especially Will. The reason why I love Will more is because we do see a more softer side to him but also his sense of humour is just as funny as when we first met him. With Jem we also saw a new side to him which was kind of nice to see. Tessa was the same as she was in the beginning although she has grown into a stronger and wiser person. I loved seeing all the character mature in this book and it will be sad to see them go until I reread the series again.

Overall a great ending to an epic series I can't wait to see more from Cassandra Clare especially what is going to happen in Mortal Instruments.