13 December 2013

Book Review: Christmas Curveball by Shari Mikels

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: earc
Publishers: Carina Press
Published: 5th December 2013
Pages: 111
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Rachel, Kevin
Date Read: 9th December - 10th December 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 

The Blurb:

When newly-single Rachel Tanner finds out that pro pitcher Kevin Ganlin has come home to recover from an injury, her heart skips a beat. She’s loved him from afar since her preteen years, never bold enough to let him know.

Kevin is less than thrilled when Rachel shows up at his doorstep. She’s his best friend’s little sister and officially off limits. Besides, he’s staring early retirement in the face, a one-man pity-party with no interest in anything more serious than quick flings on the road. Until an icy mishap lands Rachel cozied up on his sofa, irresistible in his practice sweats.

A little game of Truth or Truth reveals much more than Rachel had ever dared to hope and leads to a midnight make-out session that leaves them both panting. But can she trust that he’s truly changed his ways? This Christmas, Kevin will do whatever it takes to make Rachel understand she’s the only one for him.


Yup this is another Christmas read that I just had to have as it sounded like it would be a good Christmas read I just didn't realise how much I would enjoy it.

I do like the cover as it has the Christmas feel to it just like the story itself. I wouldn't say it's that in keeping with the story but in this case I'm not that bothered.

As soon as I started this book I just knew I was going to fall in love with it as it was just too cute not too. Yes this is a little bit cheesy but I do love a bit of cheese in my Christmas reads. It may have been a short book but it didn't stop me from getting swept away with it. This book was more set at around the Christmas time but I didn't feel like it took centre stage but I didn't mind because the romance made up for what I felt lacking in that department. I wish that this was a longer book as just didn't want to let go of the story or the characters.

The characters I absolutely loved even the side characters where a great addition. Rachel was a great female character who had some great willpower! Kevin was amzing I just fell in love with from the moment we met him and I could understand why Rachel loved him so much. There chemistry sizzled and just their interaction with one another made me laugh and swoon. I also loved Rachel's brother he was so funny I just wished he was in the book a bit more.

Overall I adored this book it had everything you want in a Christmas book, I highly recommend this book!