10 November 2014

Book Review: Losing Lila (Lila, #2) by Sarah Alderson

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Paperback
Publishers: Simon & Schuster
Published: 2nd August 2012
Pages: 346
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Main Characters: Lila, Alex, 
Date Read: 19th October - 8th November 2014
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg

Synopsis:
Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which is somehow tracking their every move. While Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila's only thought is of finding a way back to California so she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they're being held. Struggling to control both her growing power and her deepening feelings for Alex, Lila decides the time has finally come to stop running and start fighting. Together with Alex, Demos, and the others she's come to think of as family, Lila plans not only to save her brother and mum, but also to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for. But the plan requires Lila to return to California alone, and to make friends with the enemy - and in doing so, she risks losing everything: Alex, her family… even her life.

“Look on the bright side: if you cause an inferno, you can always put it out with a tidal wave.” 

I have had this book on my shelf for a long time now and I have only just gotten around to reading it which I have no idea why I waited to so long as I loved the first one. After reading book 2 I found that I loved it just as much...

I kind of like this cover mainly because of the colours used as they all work well together. I also like that it could be a part of a scene in the book. 

As soon as I started this book I loved it, yes it may have took me a long time to get through it but that was not because it was a bad book it was actually amazing. There was so much happening in this book making it thoroughly entertaining especially with some of the twists that happened I was just not expecting them. I loved that we got to see a lot more Alex and Lila together as you could really tell they loved each other as the chemistry jumped out of the pages. The paranormal side of the story was very well written so much so that I felt like it could happen in the real world. There was so many laugh out loud moments especially one scene I just couldn't stop myself from laughing. There was also a few sad moments where I was nearly in tears and probably would have cried if I hadn't read the last page (yes I do that all the time). I loved the ending as everything was cleared up but I felt like it was left open for more in the future which I will keep everything crossed for as I already need my Alex fix.

I loved all of the characters in this book and I loved that we got to see more of them as well as a few new characters thrown in. Lila is definitely one of my favourite female characters as she is feisty and she doesn't want to be left out she wants to be in the action. As for Alex now he is also one of my favourite male characters ever as apart from him being H.O.T.T HOT he also is the kindest person but also smart and funny and strong. I loved that we got to see a whole new side to Jack but there was times when he annoyed me but in the end I could see where he was coming from. 

Overall I adored this book and I can't wait to go back and reread this series as it was just plain AMAZING!!


“What I'm trying to tell you, Lila,' he said, his voice husky in his throat, "is that I've always been there, looking out for you, even when you didn't know it - even when you couldn't see me."
My stomach flipped. Alex took hold of my hands and squeezed. "Nothing's changed. I'll be right there, I promise. You might not be able to see me, but I'll be there.”