22 December 2014

Book Review: Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Hardback
Publishers: Entangled Teen
Published: 5th August 2014
Pages: 534
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance, 
Main Characters: Kat, Daemon, 
Date Read: 7th December - 18th December 2014
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg

Synopsis:
Don't miss Opposition, the fifth and final book in Jennifer L. Armentrout’s bestselling Lux series. Also included only in the print edition is Shadows, the prequel novella never before seen in print! "A thrilling ride from start to finish," says RT Book Reviews.
Opposition
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can’t believe Daemon stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.
Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.
Shadows
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. To him, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous.
Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated.
Dawson can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or stop a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

I received this for my birthday which I am so please about as I have loved this series and this one is no different...

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of this change of cover as I prefer the older version but now that I have a physical copy of the book I like it a bit more the more that I look at it.

I am so sad that I have now finished this series but it sure did go out on a bang. I loved every minute of this book as there was always something going on that I was never bored. There was a lot of emotional bits that had me either laughing out loud or crying, my heart was in my mouth in one scene that I almost thought I can't finish this book but I'm glad I did. The connection between Katy and Daemon always has me swooning they are great together with great chemistry, I will sure miss their relationship well until I re-read the series. I adored the ending as I felt it was a fitting ending for this series.

Katy will always be one of my favourite female characters as through out this series she has grown into this strong and independent person who will stop at nothing for the ones she loves. Daemon is another character that will always be one of my favourites as he has come on in leaps and bounds. He still has his annoying traits but I still love him for them as they are what make Daemon Daemon. I love that we got to see a bit more of Archer and Luc as they are always adding humour to the books that they have appeared in plus I love the banter between Archer and Daemon. We also got to see a little more of characters from the spin off book Obsession.

Overall an amazing end to a fantastic series!