30 November 2011

Book Review: Crave (The Clann #1)

Crave (The Clann #1) by Melissa Darnell

Format: e-arc
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: 25th October 2011
Pages: 416
Main Characters: Savannah and Tristan
Date Started: 20th November 2011
Date Finished: 30th November 2011
Rating Given: *****


Netgalley:
Forbidden to Love
                           Doomed to Fail
Savannah Colbert has never known why she’s so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It’s as if he’s a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she’s destined to fail.
For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back… different, and suddenly he can’t stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just
from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences…

Bloodlust.    Magic .    Forbidden secrets.

The only reason I wanted to read this book was because I was looking for a book to request from netgalley (very much addicted to that site) and I saw this front cover and so I just had to give it a try. After getting my request accepted I read what it was about and got really excited to read it. It took me awhile to start this book as I had a load of other books to read but then I kept looking at reviews for it and got a little nervous to read it as there was a lot of mixed reviews. That there is my lesson learnt just because one person doesn't like a book doesn't mean I won't as I loved this book.

From the moment I started this book I just knew I was going to fall in love with it and I wasn't mistaken as I found myself loving and understanding the two main characters which I find a huge help when reading a book. I was nearly always on the edge of my seat thinking what is going to happen and telling Savannah don't you remember anything they told you (which I always do in TV but never in books). Then the ending happened and I was like you just can't end there as it is a huge cliffhanger especially if you read the little teaser for the next book.

Savannah's character I really felt for through out this book. She had a group of friends that she loved especially Tristan that is until the fourth grade where her friends all turn on her which hurt but not as much as Tristan turning on her. What she never knew was why they where told to stop seeing her until one day she gets ill in which she never had before when she wakes up she finds out her whole childhood was a lie as now she is a half vampire half witch. The main and most important rule for her is to stay away from Tristan!

I just felt so sorry for her thinking no one likes her even her dad which isn't the best of relationship until we find out more towards the end of the book so I would hope to see her relationship with her dad grow in the next book. She is a tough character with the way she copes with everything that is thrown at her and I hope she continues to grow as a character through out the series.

Tristan I start off not liking until the author changes to his point of view and we get glimpses of what he has to go through and what he feel and then I just love him more and more as the book goes along and can't wait to see what the future hold between these two main characters.

I do like the new friends she made especially Anna as you could tell she had Savannah's best interests at heart and would do anything for her even go ask help from who she thinks as the enemy. Although they seem to be great friends I found by the end they where starting to make Savannah feel guilty about spending time doing the thing she loves nearly the most I hope that works out in the next book though.

I felt it was similar to the Twilight Saga but I didn't mind as I loved this book just as much if not more I just hope it continues to get better with the series and I can't wait to continue with them.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Crave as well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have this one from NetGalley as well! I'm really looking forward to reading it; I'm so glad you liked it! Awesome review!

    I'm a new follower! :)
    Andie
    From A to Z

    ReplyDelete