12 June 2014

Book Review: Fire of Stars and Dragons (Stars and Souls, #1) by Melissa Petreshock

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18685332-fire-of-stars-and-dragons
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle
Publishers: Swoon Romance
Published: 29th April 2014
Pages: 224
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romance
Main Characters: Cait, Theo, Dante, Corrin
Date Read: 3rd June - 9th June 2014
Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg

Synopsis:
Following the death of her uncle, twenty-one-year-old CAITRIONA HAYDEN finds herself in the midst of a trio of quintessential alpha male suitors in 22nd century sovereign America where human females should be seen and not heard.
Theo Pendragon claims her as his ward, ordained to guard her through to a long-awaited destiny unbeknownst to Cait, but finds more than he expected when passion ignites within the dragon for the first time. Always drawn to the pursuit of knowledge rather than the heat of desire, powerful demigod Dante cannot deny everything his future holds in Caitriona. America's monarch, ancient vampire Corrin, has no interest in the frivolity of love, yet marrying Cait could be the answer to his continued survival.
Soon, Cait goes from studying for college exams to choosing a husband knowing the consequences are eternal, the love undying, and the bond timeless.

“There are times, Cait, we must do what we do not like. Complaints are for the weak-willed. True strength prevails regardless the situation.” 

I was asked by the publishers if I would like to review this book and I'm so glad I did as I loved every minute of this book and was close to perfection...

The only thing I don't like about this cover is the blue bit on the top corner as I feel like it takes away the beauty of the background which I must say is stunning. I love the typography of the title as I always love fancy style font.

Even while writing this review I am debating on whether to rate this book the full 5 out of 5 as I loved every minute of this book. The only reason why I can't decide was because there was a couple of times when I got a bit lost within the story but for the most this didn't bother me as I was too hooked to think anything of it. I haven't read many dragon related books but from the ones that I have read this is by far my favourite and has made me want to read more about dragons. I loved that it was a few different mythological creatures as well as dragon including vampires and elves it was good to see a different take on them. I didn't think I was going to like the romance side of the story as it sounded like it would be a bit too forced with her having to pick one guy within the week but it wasn't forced and I believed her feeling for each of the guys. The ending was great as it seemed to answer some questions but it also left things open for the next book which I can't wait for!

I loved every character in this book even the ones that Cait didn't like and I think that has to with the way each chapter swapped points of view so we got to know what their thinking was behind their actions. Cait is one of my favourite female characters as she wasn't afraid to stand up to all the men in her life especially seeing as they sometimes had a short fuse. Theo was another one of my favourite male characters as he was so selfless and kind but there was times when he didn't act that way but I understood why he did the things he did. Dante I think was the only one that didn't get his own point of view but I still liked him just not as much as Theo. Corrin was the one I thought I wasn't going to like but by the end I warmed to him. Their was also a few other dragons that where great additions to the story and had me laughing out loud.

Overall a great start to the series I just wish I didn't have to wait for the next book as I want to find out what is going to happen next now!

“Cait’s lips are on mine, hard, insistent, hands fisting my hair, and she’s taking control, grinding her body to mine, finding ways to pleasure herself with my body. I am a willing slave to her desires, no intention of fighting her punishment for my resistance in accepting her love.”