4 June 2014

Off the Record (Record, #1) by K.A. Linde

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16781182-off-the-record
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle (earc)
Publishers: Montlake Romance
Published: 11th March 2014
Pages: 445
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Liz, Brady
Date Read: 23rd May - 1st June 2014
Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg


Synopsis:
Liz Dougherty has no idea a single question is about to change her life.
Her first big reporting assignment for her North Carolina college newspaper has her covering a state senator’s impromptu press conference. Brady Maxwell may have everything it takes to be a politician—a winning pedigree, devastating good looks, a body made to wear suits—but his politics rub Liz the wrong way. When Liz’s hard-hitting question catches the upstart senator off-guard, it impresses Hayden Lane, Liz’s editor who feels she’s headed for a promising career as a reporter.
But Liz is also headed into a secret romance with Brady that could destroy both their ambitions. Though he’s a bachelor, potential voters might frown on Brady cozying up to a reporter. And Liz isn’t sure sneaking around is enough for her—especially when things between her and Hayden might be less platonic than she thought.
Sleek, sexy, and smart, Off the Record ventures into a high-stakes campaign and an even higher-stakes affair to answer the question: When politics and love collide, can there ever be a winner?


I received this book from Netgalley awhile ago which I kept telling myself I will read it this month but I kept finding other books to read. I finally made sure I read it in May and I'm glad I did as I really enjoyed it and I wish I hadn't kept putting it off...

I do like this cover as there's not many covers around with the guy on the cover and especially with most of the face cropped out. Being a photographer you would think I wouldn't like covers with features cropped off yet I found myself drawn to him. I love the use of colours as they are very fitting for the actual story.

At the minute I am loving contemporary romance novels and this is no different. This book is a little different to other contemporary books that I have read and I loved every minute of it. Even though I loved it I still felt like there was something missing which I can't put my finger on as I loved the story, the romance and even the characters where likeable. Sometimes I am not a fan of love triangles yet in this case I enjoyed it and I believed in it which not happens very often. The chemistry between Liz and Brady was very hot but I could also see a bit of a spark between her and Hayden even if she couldn't see it. We was left with a bit of a cliff hanger which has made me very excited for the next book.

As I said before I did really like the characters in this book with none of them standing out more than the other. Liz was a very likable character as she was smart although some of her actions wasn't so smart but I understood why she did what she did. I loved both Brady and Hayden at different points in the book and didn't like them in other parts but that's because I felt like I was feeling the same things as Liz. I would have liked to have seen more of her friend Victoria as she was a very funny character but she wasn't in it much.

Overall I very much enjoyed this book and I even more excited about reading the next book.

“I'm giving you what I can give you, and I'm telling you in advance that you might get hurt. But it's worth it to take the risk. I can damn well promise you that it's worth it.”