8 October 2015

Book Tag: The Book Courtship Tag


The Reading Pile has taken inspiration from the vloging Book Tag community over to the blogging world. Like her I'm not actually going to tag anyone but you're more than welcome to give it a try like I have just head over to her page and leave a link in her comments or in mine as I'm nosey and love to know what everyone else has done.

Over at The Reading Pile she has done the posts every Thursday and has already done a few so I thought I would go through the ones she has already done and do the ones I like the look of.

My Book Tag post this week is: The Book Courtship

Phase One - Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - From the very first moment I saw this book I fell in love with it and jut had to have it. I'm just glad the story was as stunning as the cover.

Phase Two - First Impression: A book that you got because of the summary
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I hated the cover for this book but because of the summery I decided to buy it as it sounded so good. Below is the summery to see for yourselves.

Winning means fame and fortune.
Losing means certain death.
The Hunger Games have begun....


In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, the shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-- and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
 

Phase Three - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I don't usually take notice of the different writing styles only what I like or dislike in the actual story, that was until I read Shatter Me. Shatter Me has a very unique writing style that jumps off the pages. It's easy to love this book just because of the great writing.

Phase Four - First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles - I've read so many first in the series books that have made me want to read the rest of the series, so it was hard to choose one. In the end I went for Perfect Chemistry as I haven't used this book in previous book tag posts. I absolutely adored this book that I just had to get the rest and I'm so glad about a fourth book on the horizon.

Phase Five - Late Night Phone Calls: A book that kept you up all night long
Beastly by Alex Flinn - I don't really read books if I'm tired so no book can keep me up all night even if I wanted to, however, Beastly was such a quick and easy book to read that I read it in a day.

Phase Six - Always on my mind: A book that you could not stop thinking about
Come Back To Me by Mila Gray - I absolutely adored this book and it was a book that brought all the feels. For some books I forget what happened and just remember if I loved or hated it but with this book I remember everything about it. Even a year after reading this book I still find myself thinking about it.

Phase Seven - Getting Physical: A book in which you love the way it feels
Talon by Julie Kagawa - I usually love the feel of velvety book covers but there is a lot of those on my shelf so in the end I went for Talon. The reason why I went for this one was because all those scales on the cover is raised so when you run your hand over it feels as though there are scales. I haven't read this book yet but I know that when I do I will be stroking it whilst reading it.

Phase Eight - Meeting the Parents: A book in which you would recommend to your friends and family
 
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - CoB will always be one I would recommend to everyone I even got my family reading it.

Phase Nine - Thinking About the Future: A book or series that you know you'll reread many times in the future
Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase - This has to be with out a doubt one of my all time favourite book. I loved every minute of this book and I have already reread it and I know I will be reading this one over and over again. I love this book that much that I could have said this book for every phase in this book tag.