21 March 2017

Book Review: The Storm by R.J. Prescott

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33665297-the-storm
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Buy: Amazon UK | Amazon US |

Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published: 21st March 2017
Pages: ??
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Sport
Main Characters: Kieran, Marie
Date Read: 8th March - 19th March 2017

Rating Given:

Synopsis:

From USA Today best selling author, R.J. Prescott...
Marie Kelly is a survivor who doesn’t know when to quit. Against all odds, she’s living a life she never dreamed she could have. It was enough…until a stubborn fighter makes her want more.
Irish charmer Kieran Doherty has been a fighter at Driscoll’s Gym for most of his life. He’s been content to let his best friend take the spotlight, now it’s his turn to make a name for himself in the world of heavy weight champions. Falling in love is the one thing he vowed never to do, but meeting Marie changed everything.
It’s easy to imagine a happy ever after when the sun is shining. But when the storm comes, and all hope seems lost, they both learn that if you want something badly enough, you have to be willing to fight for it.
The Storm is a stand alone companion novel to The Hurricane and The Storm. Heavy language and sexual content means that this book is intended for persons aged 18+.



I was given the opportunity to read and review this book from the author.

I love the cover and I especially love the way in which it ties in with the Hurricane series. I can really see this model as Kieran which is great as it gives me an idea of the look of him without even reading the book. Love the colours as it makes this particular cover/series stand out.

I was very nervous about reading this book as I was scared that I wouldn't love it as much as the others I mean how can you improve on perfection but that's what Prescott did. I don't know why I had to go and spoil myself by reading this book as the last time I read something by R.J. Prescott it was ages before I was able to get into anything else as it was just too good and I have a feeling that I won't be able to get into anything after this one. As soon as I started this book I knew I was onto a winner as I was consumed by it from the very beginning to the very end. In the first chapter I had already laughed out loud and nearly broke down but then towards the end I was in pieces, I haven't cried like that from a book in a long while. Whilst reading this book I felt like I was at home as the relationship between every character and not just the two main characters was beautiful to see I could feel through the pages the love for one another. The chemistry between Marie and Kieran was off the charts they where so good together and seemed to bring the best out in each other. What's great about this book is that it doesn't repeat the same outline as other contemporary romance novels which I think is rather refreshing as I never saw anything coming. I loved the end as everything felt wrapped up neatly as well as left it open for Tommy's book which I'm very excited about.

What I think this book does over any other book that I've read is that Prescott has been able to make the characters come alive and it felt like I could see them all right in front of me. I pretty much loved every character apart from one and even that person had me feeling sorry for him when we find out a bit more with his background. Marie was a great character as she was such a strong person especially going through what she did throughout her whole life. As for Kieran I had loved him from the previous books and I don't know how it happened but I loved him all the more as not only was he a fierce guy but he was also very funny and he showed a softer and vulnerable side to him. I loved getting to see how Con and Em where doing and then there was Tommy he was hilarious and I am so excited to read his next book especially after what had happened to him towards the end of this book. There was some great new additions to the story including Marie's family.

Overall, I could go on and on about how much I love this book. There was not one part of this book that I was engrossed in, it was just amazing and I know that R.J. Prescott is one of my all time favourite authors as she is always able to knock it out of the park and I for one can't wait to read more from her and not just from this series but anything that she creates I just know I will love it.