21 March 2013

Changing Covers #16

Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
Click on the covers to take you to Goodreads.
 
 
 

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

 
 
Another series that I have no idea which was published first or even where they was published but there was a few different versions of the cover that I thought I would share them with you.
There isn't much difference in these books they all have a purple (which I like) tone going on in the background even if it's ever so slightly.
The first and the third covers look to be almost exactly the same just a bit more cropped and the title has been moved but apart from that they are the same so I don't understand why the changes where made.At least the other two have more of a change I think if your going to change your cover it should be exactly that a change. I love the hint of red in these two books as the rest is purple so without the red I think it would have been boring.
The second book I really don't like as it just doesn't stand out like the other books do it just seems a bit too plain.
The last book is the most different but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I do like that it has more colours but I'm not sure about the way in which they have been used works.
Out of all these cover My favourite would have to be number three as it has more tones in it and it looks more finished than the others do.
 
 
What's your thoughts on these cover changes?