3 October 2012

Book Cover Talk: Carrier of the Mark

This week's book cover that I am talking about is...
 
 
 

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

 
I don't know why I haven't had this one up sooner as I love this cover and I loved the book too, I was surprised that I hadn't talked about it.
There isn't much going on within the cover but what is on the cover really does stand out.
Even though there isn't much going on in the colour department I do like the colours that are used as it's all muted in the background and then the girl having red hair and a blue dress it really makes the girl pop. Seeing as it's been awhile since I read the book I don't remember what colour hair the lead had. Not that it matters to some people but I like the girl on the cover to represent the actual character inside the book.
I love the way that the pattern at the bottom of the cover looks like a continuation of the dress which I seem to be liking in my covers at the minute.
I'm not too sure about the title being slap bang in the middle as it takes away from the beautiful dress. I do understand that your eye is immediately drawn to the title so we all know what the book is called but I would just have liked the composition to have been a little different.  I also don't like that the font looks a bit too plain for me. With there not being much going on in the cover the font could have gotten away with being more creative.
I can't wait to see what the other covers are going to look like in this series I just hope they go in the same direction as they have done here.
 
What does everyone else think about this cover? Do you love it like I do? Or do you not like it? Let me know in the comments below.