28 October 2012

Book Review: Die For Me (Revenants #1)

Die For Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum

 
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Harper Teen
Published: 10th May 2011
Pages: 341
Main Characters: Kate, Vincent
Date Started: 24th October 2012
Date Finished: 28th October 2012
Rating Given:
 

Blurb from Goodreads:


In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

 
I have wanted to read this book for ages and I have had it for awhile too but I have only just gotten around to reading it. Now that I have read it I wish I picked it up sooner as I really enjoyed reading it.

This cover is just stunning and it's one of my favourite covers. I love all the patterns around the edges as it makes the cover stand out. What I never really noticed before is the location of the cover which I think has something to do with it being so small but I don't think that matters too much.

I really enjoyed this book as there was times when I was smiling ear to ear. There was some very sad moments that nearly had me in tears which I think is good as my emotions was pushed to the limit. I loved that it was a different kind of paranormal book as I haven't read about these kind of paranormals before and I did find it very interesting. There are still things that I'm still not sure about but I'm sure as the series continues it will be cleared up. I did get a bit confused as to what was happening at times which did annoy me. I have ideas on what I think is going to happen next and i am looking forward to see if any of them happen.

I loved all the characters in this book. Kate and her sister was going through a huge transition and trauma so they was both very sad to start with but they both dealt with it in different ways. Vincent I loved from the very start and he also bought out the best in Kate and she bought out the best in him and I can't wait to see if there relationship continues to grow.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I hope I continue to do so with the next book.