5 January 2013

Book Review: Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Format: Paperback
Publishers: MTV Books
Published: 17th March 2009
Pages: 245
Main Characters: Meg, John
Date Started: 1st January 2013
Date Finished: 4th January 2013
Rating Given:
 Photobucket
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?
 
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.
 
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....
 
 
 

 I had had my eye on this book for a long time so when I finally got a copy I was really happy and thought I was going to read it straight away. Over a year later I have finally read it and I just wish I had read it sooner.

I don't really think much of the cover as it's just a simple one but I still think it's effective. Even though there is just the two people on the cover I feel like you get a sense of what the story is about which I think is good.

I haven't read many contemporary romance books but for the most I have loved them and this is no different and is definitely a new favourite of mine. Usually in the contemporary book it's the boy that's the bad guy but this time around it was the girl which I thought was a refreshing change although there was times when he did get angry but I understood where he was coming from. I also understood where Meg's anger came from which made her a more likable character. The chemistry between Meg and John was sizzling and I just couldn't wait to see where their relationship took them next as one minute they was hot the next minute they was cold. I loved that I never knew what was going to happen next as there was a few revelations that shocked me as I just never saw them coming.

Both Meg and John was great characters that I would have loved to see more of. Meg was the rebel of the story (but for a reason and a pretty good one at that) which shocked me but also made me laugh as her humour just stood out. John was the good guy cop but I did feel like he had a inner rebel just waiting to get out. He also had a bit of a temper but I didn't mind that so much but there was one point towards the end where I felt he needed to stop and think. There was also a few other characters but we didn't get to know much about them which was a shame as I would love to have read more about John's friends they seemed sweet.

Overall a great book and I now can't wait to read more from Jennifer especially if her other books are as good as this one.