20 January 2013

Book Review: Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

May contain spoilers from the other books in the Lux series!
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Entangled Tenn
Published: 11th December 2012
Pages: 382
Main Characters: Katy, Daemon
Date Started: 12th January 2013
Date Finished:17th January 2013
Rating Given:
  photo five.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

 

This book took ages to arrive and when it did I thought I would be picking it up straight away but for some reason I never but now I kind of wish I put it off a bit longer so I could read the book straight away.

I love this series covers but out of the three that are out now this is my least favourite but I do like that it's from a scene in the book.

I wouldn't say this one is my favourite from this series but it's not bad enough to go down in rating as I still thoroughly enjoyed the book but Onyx was slightly better. There was so many twists and turns in this book that I just didn't know what was going to happen next which in this case I didn't mind. As well as twists and turns there was also loads of action that had me on the edge of my seat. With the romance side the chemistry between Katy and Daemon just sizzles of the page with loads of will they-won't they moments leading to some very funny scenes. As for my emotions well they was just all over the place but for the most I would be smiling at certain moments which doesn't always happen but that ending had me in tears I need to know what is going to happen in the next book now!

The characters are pretty much the same as in the previous books with slight differences in some cases and then in others complete personalty change. Katy seems to have a more darker edge to her but it makes her more of a fighter and stand up for what she wants. Daemon is actually the only one who is the same as he is still the annoying, arrogant guy that we all know and love but he does show more softer sides to him.

Overall this book is still the page turner that we have all come to know and love with an ending that makes you cry out NOOOOO.