26 September 2011

Book Review: Forbidden (The Demon Trappers #2)

Forbidden (The Demon Trappers #2) by Jana Oliver

Format: Paperback
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Published: 5th August 2011
Pages: 416
Main Characters: Riley, Beck and Ori
Date Started: 14th August 2011
Date Finished: 19th August 2011
Rating Given: ***


Goodreads:
Riley's beginning to think being a demon trapper isn't all it's cracked up to be. Her dad's been stolen by a necromancer, her boyfriend's gone all weird and she's getting warm and fuzzy feelings for someone who's seriously bad news. It's tempting to give it all up and try to be normal, but that's not an option. Because the demons have plans for Riley. And they're not the only ones.

With loving Forsaken so much I just had to read the second in this series and I was very much looking forward to what was going to happen with Riley next but what I didn't count on was it not being as good.
I can't believe how much the characters had changed from the first one, I know things can change a person but not as much as Simon did. I loved his character (even if I was team Beck) in the first book he was sweet and charming but in this book he changed for the worse. He was awful to Riley to an extent I just couldn't believe I was glad he wasn't in it much as he got on my nerves. Beck I loved even though he did annoy me a bit when he kept telling Riley what to do he isn't her father! I also wanted to slap him upside the head at times as you just know he loves Riley in a romantic way but he just can't admit to it. We found out more about Ori in this book and I was surprised at what and who he really was I just never saw that one coming which was a great twist to the story. With Riley she was annoying but she has been through a lot so you can forgive her character for the things that she does.
There are a lot of things that kept happening that you just don't expect and it did keep you on the edge of your seat which is what I love in the books that I read.
With the ending of this book it did make me excited for the next book Forgiven and a bit nervous as well.