21 November 2012

Book Review: Destined (House of Night #9) by P.C & Kristin Cast

May contain spoilers if you haven't read the first 8 books.
 
Format: Hardback
Publishers: ATOM
Published: 25th October 2011
Pages: 325
Main Characters: Zoey, Stark, Stevie-Rae
Date Started: 10th November 2012
Date Finished: 20th November 2012
Rating Given:
 

Blurb from Goodreads:


Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet - which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow...

But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia's handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there's the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more - or possibly less - than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there's something strangely familiar about him...

Will Neferet's true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox's humanity in time to protect him - and everyone - from his own fate? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

 



I received this book for Christmas in 2011 but because of this series being a love/hate series for me it was hard to even pick it up. Even though it wasn't my favourite book I am glad I read it.
 
I love the covers for this series although now they have had a bit of a change which I'm a bit annoyed about as I have the first 9 books in this cover so the rest will be different which I don't like when that happens.
 
Throughout most of this book I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to as it was so boring they was just nothing interesting happening. I was having such a hard time that I thought I was going to be rating it 2/5 but the end saved the book. The end was kind of epic compared to the rest of the book as there was so much going on and it was so thrilling to read I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I think if it wasn't for the end of this book I might have given up on this series but now I think I have to continue it as I want to know how everything is going to end. I probably won't get the books straight away like I did with this one I will just wait to find them cheaper. There was abit too many unanswered questions which I didn't like as I was expecting to have some answers with the series coming to an end but I was left with loads more questions. Even though I liked the ending I still feel like these books are unnecessary any more it just feels a bit dragged out.
 
With the characters I didn't really get any kind of feeling towards them which I think might be because they swap the pov around with different characters and then bring in new characters it just gets confusing. Zoey does seem like she has grown up a bit but I feel like she is a bit boring. Stark is still my favourite character in this book but there is something that was happening to him during this book but nothing really come of it. We also see more of the twins on there own which was nice to see how different they actually are.
 
Overall this series is dragging but usually the ending saves it which happened here and then it makes me want to get the next book.