10 November 2012

Book Review: Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick

May conatin spoilers!
 
Format: Hardback
Publishers: Simon & Schuster
Published: 25th October 2012
Pages: 454
Main Characters: Nora, Patch
Date Started: 3rd November 2012
Date Finished: 9th November 2012
Rating Given:
Photobucket
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn—but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?
 

This series is one of my favourite books so naturally I had to get this book and I'm glad I did as it didn't disappoint.

The covers for this series is also one of my favourites but when I first saw this cover I wasn't completely sold but once I actually got my copy I love it although I would say it's my least favourite from the series.  I love that it matches with the rest of the series but the title is read for the UK one which all the others are white.

I must admit when i started this book I kind of forgot what had happened but the further I went into it it all came flooding back to me. I was actually going to reread the series before I read this book but I just couldn't wait. There was a lot of twists and turns that I wasn't expecting which I loved as it kept me on my toes. I found that it also played with my emotions and nearly had me in tears in a couple of parts. For the first time I actually liked the slow start that we was introduced to but it wasn't long until there was a lot of things happening. With it being the last book I was a bit dubious to how it was going to end as I'm not a big fan of how other books have ended but I for one loved the ending.

Nora went through a big change in the last book and now she kind of changed as a person in this book and sometimes it was for the better but then other times well it wasn't. I found that I wanted to yell at her a couple of times. As for Patch he was his charming self and i love him for it. He had me smiling at some of the things he was saying and also awwing other things. I love the chemistry between Patch an Nora and I just wish we could see more of them as they make such a great couple although there was a few little surprises where they was concerned. I liked the other characters and there is a bit of a surprise where Vee is concerned which I felt came out of nowhere. Marcie I can't say much about as I don't want to give anything away but we do see a better side to her.

Overall I am sad to see this series come to an end but what an end it was and I loved every minute of it.