22 November 2012

Changing Covers #2

Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
 
UK (Old)            UK (New)          Film Tie-in
 

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

 
 
With this series it took me a long time before I even wanted to read this series and that has everything to do with not liking the old UK covers. I just found them ugly and I know your not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but I did (still do) and it wasn't until everyone kept telling me to read this series that I finally caved. I am glad I did cave but once the series was finished and I had them all they go and change the covers which I much prefer. The new UK covers are simple but beautiful I wish I had these covers and I probably will get them at some point. Although now that the films are coming out they go and change them again to tie in with the film but I do love this particular one as it's more eye catching. With only one film out at the moment the other covers are yet to change but if they are anything like this tie in one then I will probably get these versions.
 
 
So that's my thoughts on this series cover changes, what do you think? Do you agree with me? Or do you disagree? Let me know what you think in the comments below.