15 November 2012

Changing Covers #1

 
Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
Old (UK)                              New (UK)

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

 
So my first post has to be one of my favourite books it just made sense.
The blue cover was the cover that us in the UK was first cover that we had and continued into the next book, however when the third book came out it was completely different and was more like the one next to the blue cover. I never realized the change as I ordered the hardback copy as the UK wasn't going to come out for awhile after and I needed it right away so I knew it was going to be different. I just wasn't expecting them all to be changed and to be honest I have only just realized this! (I'm not the most observant person)
I do love both versions but my favourite has to be the old UK version and I would have liked to have seen the other books in this way. From this picture you can't tell but with the actual book the old UL version has a metallic finish to it which I think makes it stand out more. The new covers do look more dramatic which I guess is needed for a dramatic series.
I have a feeling that once the film comes out there will be another cover change!
 
What do you think do you agree? or disagree?