1 February 2013

Book Review: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead

May contain spoilers from the previous books.
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Penguin
Published: 12th February 2013
Pages: 416
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Main Characters: Sydney, Adrian
Date Read: 26th - 31st January 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

 

As soon as I knew this book was coming out I just had to have it so I was over the moon when the wonderful publishers over at Penguin said I could review a copy and I was even more delighted by the story it was brilliant.

I haven't been a huge fan of these covers and this one is no different the only part I do like is the font with the flowers around it, it makes the title stand out even more.

I LOVED this book and it is definitely my favourite of the three!
There was loads of things happening in this book with loads of twists and turns that kept me on my toes. From the moment I started this book I was hooked and just wanted to read more and more and I just didn't want it to end. There was a lot of will they-won't they moments between Sydney and Adrian that had me laughing at one point and then in the next breath I was heartbroken. In this book there was a lot more magic involved which I enjoyed especially the battle towards the end. I also loved the ending as it wasn't a major cliff hanger but enough of one to leave me begging for more.

I felt that Sydney really came into her own in this book as she dealt with everything that was going on around her. She seemed to have a more fighting spirit which was nice to see. Adrian I have also loved but somehow I love him even more as he is just so funny but we also see his caring side and also he is very protective it was just really nice to see. Most of the other characters that have been in the previous two books didn't have much of a roll but what we did see of them they have also grown into better characters. We also got to see a few new characters with the main one being Marcus Finch who I kind of liked but he has nothing on Adrian.

Overall I adored this book and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen in the next books especially (if goodreads is to be believed) the next one which is not only from Sydney's point of view but also Adrian's (insert scream here)!