27 February 2013

Book Review: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1) by Abbi Glines

 
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Paperback (arc)
Publishers: Hot Key Books
Published: 3rd January 2013
Pages: 257
Genre: YA/New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Ashton, Beau 
Date Read: 16th February - 20th February 2013
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:


Beau Vincent is rude, bad, and dangerous to know. So, why can’t good girl Ashton Gray keep away from him? She already has the perfect boyfriend – her town’s local Prince Charming, Sawyer Vincent. But Sawyer is away for the summer, and in the meantime Ashton is bored, and the head between her and Beau is undeniable – as well as irresistible. Ashton is about to unleash her bad girl – but what will she do when Sawyer comes home? And how will Sawyer react when he returns to find his girlfriend in the arms of his best friend – and cousin?

The Vincent Boys is a sexy, exciting and enjoyable romp through one steamy Alabama summer.

 

I have heard so many great things about Abbi Glines and I have slowly been getting her books. I am eternally grateful to Hot Key Books for sending me this book to review as I now know I need to hurry up and get every book by Abbi Glines.

There are quite a few different book covers for this series and to tell you the truth I love them all and I can't pick a favourite but I do like the guys in this cover especially the one in the vest.

From the moment I started this book I fell in love with the story and the characters. When reading the blurb I wasn't sure that this would be a storyline I could agree with but Glines really made me feel for the characters in a way that I understood where everyone was coming from. Usually I love a bit of action but the more Contemporary Romance books I read the more I don't feel like I need any action. The love story is so cute but at the same time sizzling hot and also heartbreaking and I loved every minute of it. The only thing about this book is that it is meant to be aimed at the YA audience but some of the content is far from YA but I really didn't mind this as I felt it was more believable than any other YA book.

As I said I love the characters especially Beau I just fell for him the very first second we met him. He is one of those lovable bad boys (although I wouldn't say he is that bad) who is in love with his cousin's girlfriend. He doesn't think he is good enough for her which makes me love him all the more. Ashton seemed like the good girl but she was hiding her inner bad girl and when she came out I found she was much more likable. With Sawyer I thought he was sweet to start with but he does do a few things that wasn't so sweet and made me go off him but in the end I understood where he was coming from.

Overall my first Abbi Glines book is one of my favourite books that I have read so far this year and I know it won't be my last. I can't wait to find out what Sawyer's book has in store for me and I hope we get to see more of Beau as I just love him.