14 February 2013

Changing Covers #12

Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
 

The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda

 
1st edition US               1st edition UK               2nd edition UK
 
When I first stumbled on this book was when it was just the 1st edition from the US which looked striking enough for me to want to put it on my wish list. It wasn't until I saw UK bloggers getting a different cover that I knew we had a different cover, again! I love the way that the US cover looks like it's been torn with the colour coming from inside it looks effective I hope that is a sign of what I am to expect. At first I wasn't so sure about the 1st edition UK cover as I really liked the US cover but once I got my copy I fell in love with it.The texture on the first edition UK was one of the reasons why it grew on me and then the font also had a different texture (I am very much a book texture girl).
When I went shopping I had to look at the books which is how I came across the cover change for the UK copy. I didn't understand the cover change as it is pretty much the same as the first UK cover but with different colours and the face inside the title which I do like that effect so now I'm not to sure which I prefer as I like them all.
 
 
What's everyone else's thoughts on these book cover changes let me know in the comments below.