24 December 2012

Book Review: Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

May contain spoilers from the first book!
Format: Paperback
Publishers: Spencer Hill Press
Published: 3rd April 2012
Pages: 329
Main Characters: Alex, Aiden, Seth
Date Started: 18th December 2012
Date Finished: 21st December 2012
Rating Given:
 Photobucket
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

There is need. And then there is Fate
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

 

 I had this book before I even read the first one but once I had read Half-Blood I was even more excited to read the rest of this series and I had every reason to be excited as I loved this book loads more than the first.

This cover was my favourite in this particular series but I am starting to prefer Apollyon's cover. I love the colour of this book it makes the cover stand out although I'm not sure what the cover has in common with the actual story.

With Half-Blood I enjoyed it but for some reason I couldn't get into it to start with, but, with Pure I got into the story straight away and I also loved it from the beginning. Also in Half-Blood the pronunciation annoyed me but not so much in Pure for some strange reason. There was so much going on within the book that I just didn't want to put it down as I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. I loved the will they-won't they with Alex and both Aiden and Seth, I know a lot of people don't like that but I'm not one of them plus it made for a very thrilling book. Pure had me on emotional roller coaster ride from the moment I started it as I was in tears at one point. The ending was amazing and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen in Deity which I'm pleased to say I bought before I started Pure.

The characters are pretty much the same as the first book but they have grown a bit more during Pure. Alex was still the same feisty character but we did see a more vulnerable side to her this time around which was nice to see. Aiden again was the same lovable guy that I'm sure everyone fell for in Half-Blood. Seth grew on me a lot more in this book as he was really funny but it wasn't until the end when he said something that made me think twice about him.

Overall Pure was a lot more thrilling and entertaining than Half-Blood. Pure sure did leave me wanting more.