20 December 2012

Changing Covers #6

Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
 
 

Beastly by Alex Flinn

First Published (2007)    Film Tie In (2011)        New (2012)
 
 
This book was first released way back in 2007 and I actually really liked the cover but it wasn't until a film was released until it changed into the tie in. I don't really like the tie in cover as I don't imagine the beast looking like that and I think in the book he never either so to change the cover to that was not necessary. Then this year it has been changed again probably because it's been made into a series so it needed to match. The only thing is I have the first published cover so now my series won't match, however, I do love the new covers so I will most likely get those especially seeing as the new one is a deluxe edition with Lindy's Diary in it plus my copy is a bit battered as I keep reading it. I love that both the first edition and the new one have the same style font as I love the font as it's in keeping with the story and even the Disney version. I do love the simplicity of the first edition but my eye keeping going to the new one.
 
 
That's my thoughts on these cover changes, do you agree? or disagree? let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I have read this book and I enjoy the original cover the most. I agree with you about the movie cover, that is not how I even envisioned the beast. The new cover is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete