25 April 2012

Book Cover: The Peculiars


The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry


The first time I saw this cover was on Facebook and from that moment on I fell in love with it and also wanted it. Although I still haven't got it I do plan getting it eventually.
There is a lot going on in this cover and usually when there's loads going on I don't like them but there is just something about this cover that draws me in to it making me want to know what is going to happen in the book. I just hope the cover actually matches the story because if it does it looks like it will be an interesting and thrilling read.
I think that the first part of the cover that drew me in was the wings as I do have a soft spot for angels and these wings look similar to angels wing. Although they look similar there is also a lot of differences like the size of them. They are only small and when I think of angels I think huge wings. Also the colour of them looks pink and the colours I think of are white or black, but I have read a few angel books where the wings are near enough always different to each others. Even though the wings are what drew me in I don't think that this is an angel book but I still want to read it as looking at the wings there is something different about the characters.
The background makes me think that there is some kind of war/battle going on and I can only imagine it has something to do with whatever this person is.
I love the way they have done the title as it makes me imagine that it is moving which I think makes it really stand out.
From this cover it looks as though this book will be different to other books that I have read and I hope I'm not wrong as I am so looking forward to reading this book.

I am guessing about everything from just this cover so don't get mad at me if I am completely wrong as it's only my guess and first impression of when I first saw it. To see the blurb on Goodreads for this book just click the cover and it will take you to it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the cover, others found it to be creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover alone makes me want to pick up and read it...it's one of those covers that actually makes me curious about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait 'til you see the metallic finish on the cover. Absolutely gorgeous! Ebook buyers will miss out if they don't get the hardcover edition!

    ReplyDelete