13 April 2012

Follow Friday #18


Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This is a great way to discover new blogs and make new friends! This weeks featured blogs are Gizmo's Book Reviews and Book Briefs.

Q:  What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

This is such a hard question but I guess I would have to go for The Mortal Instruments. Don't get me wrong I am very excited to see this film but I am very nervous that it won't live up to the book. This book series is one of my favourites and I am scared that they will mess it up am sure they will do a great job but we have had books that was turned into films and went very wrong. With them calling it The Mortal Instruments and not City of Bones does that mean it won't be a series if that's the case it could well be a let down as we need to see it all not just condensed into one film. Also I am not too happy about Jamie Campbell Bower being cast as Jace but he isn't up on IMDB so here's hoping they will re-cast as he isn't who I pictured to play him.
I am also a bit nervous about Mockingjay being turned into a film not because I loved the book because it was actually my least favourite out of the trilogy. The reason why I'm scared about this one is that I just can't imagine how it will turn out especially with it being a very depressing film and that ending isn't the kind they like to make in films!

15 comments:

  1. Thats my choice to! I don't want any book of cassandra clare to go on film.:D

    If you like to see My FFF you can click on it

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, choices I have not read yet!! I have Mockingjay on my list to finally read, figuring I'll at least read it to find out why everyone was so disappointed. Happy Friday!

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally agree with you on that one. We can only hope that they don't mess it up though. Even though I am hesitant about who they cast as Clary and Jace.

    You can find my FF here! CLICKY HERE! =D

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek, I don't want to see the movies, but at the same time I know that I won't be able to help myself once they are there. :D

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Completely agree with you on Mockingjay! It's going to be difficult imagining that as a movie, isn't it? Hopefully its good!

    My answer was "Lover Eternal" By: JR Ward

    Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hoppin by my blog :-) Had my heart set on Alex Pettyfer for Jace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - the ending of Mockingjay just doesn't sound like something you're going to find in movies! It's depressing and there aren't much action in the book, so I'm really curious how the movie will turn out! The Mortal Instruments make me nervous too! Well, finger crossed that the movie will be as awesome as the book! :)

    Thank you for following my blog! I'm old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen a lot of people saying the Mortal Instruments. I think you are completely right!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Im a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Mortal Instruments but I can definitely identify with being nervous someone will ruin your vision of what you've read. I hope, if they do give you a Mortal Instruments movie, it rocks!

    Also, happy FF! Just sneaking through to say hey. I'm a new follower! I hope you'll stop by & visit me too.

    Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I'm very nervous about TMI, but I quite like Jamie. I hope he stays.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. everyone picked the immortal instrument series, well I haven't read this one but it seems like I really need to. But I understand it"s very difficult.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really anxious about the movie adaptation of The Mortal Instuments too .. And I'm hoping they won't mess it up :) !!
    Mockingjay is my least favourite book of the HG series too and I agree I can't see how they're going to make this one movieable .. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope Jace gets recast too. Yuck.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm nervous about Mockingjay too. But I'm going to trust in the universe at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This question WAS easy: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Then they did make a movie and it did suck. So now my answer would be: The Catcher in the Rye.

    ReplyDelete