19 April 2012

Book Review: Endure (Need #4)

Endure (Need #4) by Carrie Jones

(May contain spoilers if you haven't read the series)


Format: Paperback (arc)
Publishers: Bloomsbury
Published: May 2012
Pages: 260
Main Characters: Zara, Astley, Nick, Issie, Cassidy
Date Started: 12th April 2012
Date Finished: 19th April 2012
Rating Given: *****

Blurb from Goodreads:



It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . .

Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.

I have enjoyed reading this series especially the first one which still only received 4 stars from me but the next two went down to 3 stars but when the chance came for me to review the last book I jumped at the chance as it's such a cute read. I need to say a huge thanks to Bloomsbury UK for letting me review this book as they definitley saved the best til last.

I did have all intentions of rating it a 4 star as it was just as good as the first one but halfway through I was completely drawn into Zara's world and found it outshone the rest of the books in this series so it would have been a crime not to rate it a 5 star book.

There was so much happening in this book from the moment it started until the moment it was finishing up, it was action packed! I love a book where things are always happening as it keeps me on the edge of my seat which I think is great when a book can do this not just a film. There was times when I was like that can't be happening and was getting worried about what was going to happen and then there was times when it was very touching and nearly made me cry that's how much I was into this book.

The characters I felt had grown up so much since the first three books which was great to witness especially Zara who at the very beginning of the series could be annoying but in this book she changed her outlook which made her a stronger person. It ws only Nick who annoyed me but that was only at the beginning but I could forgive him of his actions once he explained how he felt. Astley was his charming self but even when the characters wasn't sure I just knew it was a lie. In the end Zara didn't go with the guy I orgianally wanted her with but by the end I just felt that it was the right dessicion and that they trully loved each other no matter what.

Overall a very thrilling, action packed book Carrie Jones did an amazing job on a wonderful ending of this series.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Endure so much Kate :) !! I really want to re-read book 1 and continue the series because it sounds worth it .. maybe this summer :)!! Thanks for the review !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I will add this book to my ever growing list of TBR's! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete