11 April 2012

Book Cover: Possess

Possess by Gretchen McNeil

I love the overall effect of this cover it really does make it stand out from all the other books that I scan. The effect looks like a special technique that I used to do in my Photography class when we was in the darkroom. I can't remember the name of the technique but I think it was sandwich printing. I loved this technique and I love that it looks like it has been used here.
When I first looked at it I thought it was veins on her face but then when I looked closer it looks like trees but the way in which it has been used gives it a strong and powerful look.
With the cover only using different shades of blue it makes it look creepy which I love that it does that as it makes me want to read the book as I do love a bit of creepiness in my books that I read.
I was pleased that the title of the book and the name of the author has been kept simple because with all that's going on within the cover it would have been too much to have the font in the same kind of manner. It still stands out though because of the positioning of the title in the dark area and then used a light colour it just makes it pop which I think is needed so you know the title that you are looking at.
I really want to read this book and that is mainly due to the cover and I do hope that the story lives up to the cover!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover I remember admiring it when I first came across it. Sadly I have yet to pick up the book.

    ReplyDelete