3 April 2012

Teaser Tuesday #18

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!





My Teasers:





Immortal City by Scott Speer





The headlights of an approaching ambulance swept over the scene.
"Good night, Brad," the Angel said, and smiled.
"Good-" Brad began to reply, but trailed off as he realized the Guardian was already gone. Alone now, standing in the cold, Brad began to shake uncontrollably. The realization had only just hit him. The realization that he should be dead. - Page 5
Not actually started this book just yet but I will have done before the day is out so I thought I would look for a quote from it. I didn't want to go far into the book as I didn't want to spoil it for you guys as well as myself but this quote sounds interesting and makes me wonder what is happening and what is going to happen.






                          Gift by Andrea J. Buchanan





Danielle couldn't understand why it bothered me. "Let it go," she said. "So what? A weird thing happened and she doesn't want to talk about it. I probably wouldn't want to, either. What's the big deal? I know you're, like, special and all, but are you also know her guardian for life or something?"
I couldn't explain it to Danielle, or even to myself, really, but it just felt important. Something had happened when I found Vivi, and like it or not, we were, as she said, connected. - Page 12
Not read much of this book but this does make me intrigued to find out what is going to happen next.



These are my teasers for the week what are yours?

2 comments:

  1. OOoh I like that first one!! Totally awesome tease and it's only page 5!?

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to go check out Immortal City, it sound ah-mazing!

    My Teaser Tuesday!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete