5 January 2012

Film Review: Beastly

Beastly
(May contain spoilers)


Director: Daniel Barnz
Writers: Daniel Barnz (Screenplay), Alex Flinn (Novel)
Stars/Characters: Alex Pettyfer/Kyle, Vanessa Hudgens/Lindy
Cinema Release Date: 22nd April 2011
Recently Watched: 5th January 2012
Rating Given: ***

I read the book Beastly last year and I fell in love with it as I just loved everything about it, so when I heard they was making it into a film I just had to see it.

I went to see it at the cinemas and I got the DVD and watched it a couple of times since then today included. Why you might say did I get the DVD when I only gave it three stars? Well the answer to that is simple I love the film and would have got four stars if it wasn't for me reading the book first which I find far better than the actual film.

There was far too many differences in the film, from what the book says Kyle is supposed to be a beast full of fur just like the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast however, in the film he doesn't have fur but he is still supposed to be a beast kind of figure. I actually don't agree I think he still looks good and you can definitely tell it's Kyle so I don't understand how Lind doesn't notice this.

I am actually very pleased that I got the DVD as there is some bonus features and one of them is an alternative ending which I think is more like the book than any other scenes in the actual film. I really wish they used the alternate ending as it kind of ties up some of the lose ends that I didn't understand from the actual book.

I think they chose the right actors for all the characters except for Lindy's character I just don't think Vanessa Hudgens was the right choice plus she didn't act all that well either.

Overall I loved the film but the book was by far better.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the book, so I'd be interested in seeing the film. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it! I don't think Vanessa Hudgens sounds appropriate for the character either, though. Great review!

    Stephanie @SOOTP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so leery to see a movie that is based on a book that I've read. I'm glad it was good though, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete