24 January 2012

Teaser Tuesday #8

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!



My teaser:




Halflings by Heather Burch




Nikki knew that posture. Her heart dropped. "No!" she screamed, flying to the front of the room as Dr.Richmond's face turned to horror and he stepped between the two boys. Joey shoved the portly teacher and Dr.Richmond tumbled backward, teetering beside the second boy. The rest was a flash. First, the glint of steel passing camouflage clothing, a scream from somewhere, blade jutting forth, then Raven. He blocked her vision, moving in long, deft swift motions more graceful than any dancer she'd ever seen. Nikki tried to close the distance to the knife wielding Joey, but couldn't reach him in time to stop the blade's trajectory. That's when everything slowed. Almost to a halt. - Page 68
As you can tell by the page number there was action from the beginning as this wasn't even the first thing to happen. So much happening and I am looking forward to see how everything unfolds.

May differ to the final book as this is an ARC copy.




       Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare







She made a snorting noise, astonishingly human for a ghost. "I'ardly like to tell you this, Nephilim, but if you want a girl to 'ate you, there's easy enough ways of making it 'appen. You don't need my help with the poor thing."
And with that she vanished, spinning away into the mists among the graves. Will, looking after her, sighed. "Not for her," he said under his breath, though there was no one to hear him, "for me..." - Page 11
After reading this paragraph my heart just broke a little and that was just the prologue. Not very far into this book but I can't wait to see what happens next!

7 comments:

  1. i LOVE your header on your blog. it is too cute. Clockwork Prince is in my TBR pile. hopefully I get to it soon!

    Trish - My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both teasers are very captivating! Thanks for sharing...and I also love your blog header.

    Here's MY TT POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks (my header) I loved it too as it was my christmas wrapping paper that I just changed up a bit.

    (sorry my reply button doesn't seem to work)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved Clockwork Prince! Your teaser makes me want to re-read it <3

    Kelly
    Teaser Tuesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off I love the little owls on top - they are so cute! :)

    I like your teasers! They are both from books that I have on my gr's to-read list.

    My teaser Tuesday is for Archer by Chelsea Fine:
    http://somereadingrequired.com/?p=180

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess@WonderlandReviews25 January 2012 at 03:02

    Gosh I love your teaser's, They make me want to go out and grab the book to find out what happens.
    Gonna follow you now.
    Here's my teaser.
    http://wonderlandreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays_24.html
    Have a nice night.

    ReplyDelete